I love to drink this black cherry breakfast smoothie when I’m short of time or on the move. It’s quick and easy to make. You can use store cupboard ingredients, so it’s great if you’ve returned from a trip and haven’t got any fresh food at home.
Try this recipe with other frozen fruits such as mango and summer berries if you don’t have black cherries – it’s delicious!
Smoothie ingredients for this recipe include good quality protein powder and cacao powder.
The protein powder will supply you with a range of amino acids (building blocks of protein), which are key for growth and repairing of cells and tissue,s and crucially influences metabolic rate and blood sugar control. The cacao powder not only tastes great but is good for your mood, brain and heart health.
Place it in a smoothie cup or flask for a breakfast on the move.
Recipe for Black Cherry Smoothie
- 1 serving
- 1 cup of frozen morello cherries
- 1 scoop (21g) of Sun Warrior Natural Raw Vegan Protein Powder (or a protein powder of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- 250ml of cold filtered water
For the blender
- All the above
- Put all ingredients in an electric blender.
- Blend until smooth (1-2 minutes dependent on the speed of the blender).
- Serve chilled
- Enjoy your black cherry breakfast bounce smoothie