What kind of Christmas do you dream of whilst you’re busily preparing for the big day, wrapping up gifts as well as wrapping up business for the year?
I’m dreaming of ……. some ME time, relaxation and pressing the RESET button before the New Year
It’s a time when you may choose to relax, to be engaged and be present with family and friends, without the pressure of business, without the requirement to DO!
What kind of holiday do you dream of whilst you’re busily preparing for the big day, wrapping up gifts as well as wrapping up business for the year?
I always look forward to a little (or a lot) of ME TIME and slowing down!
Press the Pause Button Ideas
- Spending an hour in your local bookshop, browsing and choosing a novel for your holiday reading.
- Indulge yourself with a pile of glossy magazines and a cup of jasmine tea.
- Get out in the fresh air for a meandering strolling walk – no destination, no timescale, in the park, on the beach, along a riverside, in the countryside perhaps calling into the local pub or teashop en route.
- A mid-afternoon bubble filled hot bath.
- Spend all day pampering your self for party time (the way you did as a teenager).
- A trip to the cinema.
- A long chat on the telephone or skype with your best friend.
- An old movie after breakfast in your pyjamas.
- Try out a new recipe.
- Play a board game.
- Design games and a quiz (with the help of one of the little people in the family) for a family party.
- Have a “techo’ break – no emails and no social media – it takes a little getting used to but is truly blissful once you have let go.
I’d like to invite you to slow down, to surrender the need for pre-planning and organisation, to step off the fast track into the slow lane.
Need a little more help with having a healthy and energetic festive season?
Download my Gift Christmas e-book click here: How to be a Healthy Hostess this Christmas.