Are you in the high-speed lane?
- Are you feeling super charged and super organised?
- Maybe you are armed with ‘to do lists’, which get updated, perhaps several times a day!
- Perhaps you’re on a Christmas boot camp, with early mornings and late nights, guaranteed to deliver a perfectly organised holiday in domestic goddess style!
By the 25th December the likelihood is that you’ll be ‘tired and wired’? Are you able to keep going or will you crash into exhaustion?
Or perhaps you are on the Festive Season Bypass Route?
- You complete your entire gift and food shopping online.
- To avoid gift-wrapping, you buy everyone a voucher or give cash.
- You bypass the shops, the traffic and the shopping crowds.
Choose this route and you also miss out on the fairy lights, the fun and the anticipation. Perhaps you arrive at Christmas Day feeling that it’s just any other day.
There’s no right or wrong route, I’d just say be kind to yourself.
If you’re in the high-speed lane, schedule in a little break every day or an occasional early night or meet a friend for a festive tea break or surprise a long distance relative with a phone call instead of a card.
If you’re on the bypass route, infuse a little festive fun, have a walk about your local high street or Christmas market, buy some festive flowers, personally gift wrap some stocking fillers for your friends or family, and admire the twinkly lights in neighbourhood windows.
REMEMBER! Looking after yourself is not selfish! It’s an investment; empowering you to be engaged and present in your life and enabling you to give so much more to everyone and everything you regard as important.
Need a little more help with having a healthy and energetic festive season?
Download my Gift Christmas e-book click here: How to be a Healthy Hostess this Christmas.