In this blog post I’ll tell you how to put high flying energy on your plan (taking practical ACTION steps).
Would you revamp or redesign a part of your business without a plan? So why would you consider upgrading your health and lifestyle without making a PLAN to make some practical changes?
Many people miss out this vital step when it comes to planning the HOW to UPGRADE their personal health and wellbeing.
As the saying goes ….Fail to prepare and prepare to fail
I invite you to take some TIME OUT for some quiet reflection to prepare the landscape and lay down foundations. Start by having a meeting with yourself to map out what you need to do to and how you are going to make it happen.
Agenda – putting high flying energy on your plan
1. CONNECT with your healthy intentions and goals so they’re FRESH in your MIND and remind yourself of your BIG WHY!
2. CREATE TIME AND SPACE – look at your diary over the time period you’ve allocated to developing yourself, create time and space around business or social commitments to prioritise actions to achieve your new goals.
If you discover that your time is limited consider WHAT HELP YOU REQUIRE with planning and practical tasks and buy in the support you need. You may also either need to adjust your goals and reassess what you will drop from your schedule to support yourself in the short-term.
I can hear you wince at that last suggestion – Drop something from your schedule? Unthinkable!! Before you dismiss that thought remind yourself of your BIG WHY.
Enjoying High Flying Energy is all about expanding your time so you can do more and enjoy your life inside and outside of your business, so it is worth making an investment in yourself and that will involve some simple changes. Be honest with yourself about what you REQUIRE to move forward.
3. PLAN for every scenario – not many people have the same routine every day. There will be days when you’re at home, at meetings, socialising and travelling.
Think about what kind of lifestyle you lead during the week and at weekends? Plan strategies for the different scenarios you commonly find yourself in e.g. what and when will you eat breakfast on different days? How will you support healthy choices on business trips? I suggest following an 80:20 approach (80% healthy: 20% treats – what will this look like across the week)?
If this seems a little overwhelming just start with one day and schedule in another planning session to look at other aspects of your schedule.
4. YOUR SUPPORT TEAM – who can support you on this journey? Perhaps you can have an accountability partner who is also making healthy changes and you can support each other, or you can share your plans with friends and family members – people who will champion you. Or perhaps consider hiring a health coach/consultant to be your expert guide and supporter.
5. CREATE a healthy food environment. If your focus is on eating better, clear out your fridge and cupboards before you start. SCHEDULE time to do this.
Some ideas for you:
- Dispose of the junk food
- Put alcohol and other temptations away in cupboards out of reach
- Clean out your fridge, freezer and larder
- Make shopping easy – order online, try an organic fruit and veggie box or a healthy meal box
- Stock up on fresh non processed foods and fruit and vegetables
- Create a healthy shopping list that you can use over and over
- Make a list of favourite healthy meals
- Buy kitchen equipment if required
When you’re interested you will do what is convenient. When you are committed you will do whatever it takes! – John Assaraf
6. Schedule REGULAR time slots every week/month for:
- Checking in with your healthy intentions and goals
- Meal planning, shopping, food preparations (look out for a later blog on how to make this easy)
- Easy Activity and Movement incorporated into daily life
- Reflection and self-accountability – a few minutes to think about what has happened, how have you responded, what have been your successes and challenges, what would you do differently.
- ME TIME – some leisure and relaxation – switch off time just for you.
- Putting high flying energy on your plan and IN YOUR DIARY – MAKE IT HAPPEN
Invest time in designing your improvement plan, and see the initial planning as laying a foundation – this is a long-term strategy, not a quick fix.
When the initial planning and preparation is completed it’ll feel so much easier making a start. Putting new practices into place will be so much easier when you have part of a supportive structure in place.
Remember these changes are so you may enjoy 10/10 energy all day and every day, helping you to feel more energised, to improve your mood, clarity and body confidence.
Once you start actively looking after yourself, you will notice a difference in 5-10 days. Don’t worry if you fall off the wagon, because you can always re-establish the plan (at the next meal).
Once you’ve experienced high-flying energy every day you won’t want to go back to being TATT (tired all the time)! Your new norm will be HIGH FLYING ENERGY.
So far in the HIGH FLYING ENERGY BLOG SERIES – “How to enjoy 10/10 energy and do more every day” we have covered:
- DEVELOPING A VIP MINDSET
- HELPING YOU TO SET HEALTH INTENTIONS AND SMARTER GOALS
- WHAT’S STOPPING YOU HAVING A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE
These can all be accessed via my RELATED POSTS below.
Get started for FREE. Join my Free Online Taster Course FIVE simple habits for high flying energy